Pass the pitcher

| среда, 8 июля 2009 г.

For crying out loud, don’t ask me how I missed this. I have family roots in Pennsylvania, went to school there, lived there and love the snacks it produces, most of all the baked variety. So imagine my shock to get a mailing from Robert Johnson of Ocala, Florida, telling me about a pretzel maker I’d never heard of. The horror!

anderson 1.jpg

Robert, like me, is into Pennsylvania pretzels and delivery trucks alike. The image comes form a box of Salty Stix produced by H.K. Anderson, which we learned has been baking quality pretzels in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, since back in 1888. The bakery’s now located on Old Philadelphia Pike, but previously was on Charlotte Street, which was where this photo of Anderson’s delivery fleet was snapped, presumably in the 1920s. Robert wants to know the make of these trucks (with Boyertown or Reading bodies, maybe?), and so do we. Click on the photo for a larger version, and if you can make an ID here, please do.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий