Wagon Snippet – 1963 Buick

| вторник, 18 августа 2009 г.

It’s been some time since I’ve featured a wagon, so I thought I’d jump right back into the groove with this 1963 Buick Le Sabre six-passenger wagon.

1963 buick

This one goes back a ways – I had found it up for auction at Mecum’s 2007 event in Kissimmee, Florida, when I did my best to escape winter’s wrath. My notes escape me about the vehicle’s specifics, other than the passenger count and engine size – 280hp version of the two-barrel topped 401-cu.in. V-8. That said, the car was built on a 123-inch wheelbase chassis (shared with the Wildcat/Invicta line) and cost upwards of $3,500 when new. As far as production – 5,566 units – it was third in line behind the 8,771 Special Deluxe wagons and 5,867 Special wagons (both six-passenger variants) that year under the Tri-Shield banner. Note there is a lack of the optional roof rack and two-tone paint, but there is the optional brightwork on the front fenders. As a brief side note, the lack of a third row has its pros and cons among collectors; third row seat Le Sabre wagons this year numbered 3,922.

At the close of the auction, the Le Sabre (Lot # F120, in average condition) sold for $13,650, which included a 5 percent buyer’s premium. Today, a pristine example of this wagon is valued at roughly $15,000.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий